The advanced laser technique is very effective when it comes to removing the damaged blood vessels and treating varicose veins. As the technology is n
The advanced laser technique is very effective when it comes to removing the damaged blood vessels and treating varicose veins. As the technology is new and advanced, people usually assume that it must be expensive. However, the average cost of varicose vein surgery depends on various factors. Furthermore, the cost of laser treatment also varies from one healthcare provider to another.
On average, laser surgery for varicose veins will cost you in the range of Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 1,90,000.
Today, we will discuss what are the factors that impact the cost of laser surgery in detail.
What are the factors that impact the cost of varicose vein surgery?
The overall expenses that occur with varicose vein treatment depend on numerous factors. The cost of treatment is individualized as the vein disorder in every patient is different and requires a slightly different approach to address and treat it. Some other key factors that will increase or decrease the cost of laser surgery for varicose veins are given below:
- Severity of the Condition- When the condition is at an earlier stage, it will be easy to treat it. Hence, the cost will be less. In case the condition is severe, the doctor needs to take extra care to carry out the procedure.
- Diagnostic Tests- To identify how severe varicose veins are, your doctor is most likely to recommend some tests which will increase the cost of the overall treatment.
- Type of Hospital- If you choose a super-specialty hospital, apparently the surgery will cost more in this scenario. The cost will be more affordable if you choose a multi-specialty daycare provider.
- Doctor’s Fee- The doctor will charge a consultation fee and surgery fee according to the experience he/she has. When a doctor is more experienced, the cost usually increases as they are more skilled in performing laser surgery with minimal risks and complications.
- Hospital Related Fee- Usually the laser surgery for varicose veins is performed at a hospital. For this, you have to be admitted. Then the surgery will be performed and you will be kept under observation for some time before discharge. Hence, you will have to cover the hospital admission, discharge, and ward/bed price. The price will also increase if you choose a private ward instead of a general ward.
- Patient’s Health– The overall health of the patient also contributes in determining the final cost of laser surgery for varicose vein treatment. If the patient is not healthy, the surgery will cost more as it will have certain risks.
- Post-surgery Complications- If there are chances of complications after varicose vein surgery, the price will go high.
- Pre & Post Surgery Medications- You may have to take certain medicines before and after the surgery. The cost of the medicine will also increase cost.
Along with all these major factors, there are other factors that also impact the cost of treatment, such as travel expense, post-surgery care, follow-up consultation, etc.
You will find that the cost of laser surgery in different cities is also different. To get a proper estimate, it is better if you get in touch with a reliable healthcare provider in your city and get quotes from them.
Cost of Laser Varicose Vein Surgery in Different Cities of India
*The cost mentioned here is for reference only. The exact price may differ for each patient depending on the healthcare provider.
|City||Minimum Price (INR)||Maximum Price (INR)|
|Delhi NCR||Rs. 75,000||Rs. 1,80,000|
|Bangalore||Rs. 90,000||Rs. 2,20,000|
|Mumbai||Rs. 90,000||Rs. 2,20,000|
|Hyderabad||Rs. 85,000||Rs. 2,10,000|
|Kolkata||Rs. 70,000||Rs. 1,60,000|
|Chennai||Rs. 80,000||Rs. 1,60,000|
Is laser surgery for varicose veins covered under insurance?
People often worry about whether their health insurance plan will cover the cost of laser surgery or not. Generally, varicose veins come under the cosmetic procedure, which is not medically necessary. Due to this, there is a slight possibility that if you want to get varicose veins treated for cosmetic purposes, then you will have to bear the cost from your own pocket.
Most insurance plans cover the cost of consultation for vein problems. If it is found that the procedure is important and has symptoms, then the treatment will be covered under insurance. If you have the following symptoms, you can use the insurance policy to cover the cost of laser varicose veins surgery:
- Cramping, soreness, and achiness
- Itching, burning, or tingling sensations
- Skin discoloration
- Skin ulcers
- Throbbing pain
- Tiredness or heaviness
You should also be aware that the amount of coverage for the treatment of varicose veins depends on the specific procedure. There is a possibility that your insurance may cover the cost of treatment partly. Therefore, it is best if you contact your health insurance provider and find out the coverage for laser varicose vein surgery.
Why choose laser surgery for varicose vein treatment?
The advanced treatments can be more affordable if you choose the right healthcare provider. The same goes with laser surgery. Though the method is slightly new, it has various advantages that make the patient more inclined to get laser surgery.
Here are some pros that usually influence the patient’s decision and they commonly end up choosing laser surgery for varicose veins treatment:
- It is a minimally invasive procedure and can be done under general anesthesia.
- The procedure is painless and takes only about one hour only.
- The patient recovers faster and is able to resume daily activities very quickly.
- Laser surgery doesn’t cause scarring or other major side effects.
- There won’t be any blood loss during the surgery.
To get the best-in-class treatment for varicose veins, you need to get in touch with an experienced vascular surgeon. They are the ones who specialize in performing all kinds of surgical problems, including varicose veins. As laser surgery is an advanced procedure, it is important that you rely on specialists for the procedure.
The Bottom Line
The approximate cost of laser surgery for varicose veins treatment may cost you around Rs. 1,30,000. But as there are many factors that influence the overall cost, the final price may fluctuate according to the specific condition of the patients. Consult a vascular surgeon today and find out more about your condition. The doctor will help you understand whether the procedure is medically necessary or not. And if it is, most of the cost of laser varicose vein surgery will be covered by your insurance provider.