Appliances make our life easier one chore at a time. We cannot imagine living in a world without them. A hot summer day, you arrive home and switch y
Appliances make our life easier one chore at a time. We cannot imagine living in a world without them. A hot summer day, you arrive home and switch your AC unit on, pour yourself a glass of cold water from the water dispenser, put on your favorite sports channel on TV and relax. Such ease!
Our home appliances may need regular maintenance every now and then. And if we do not heed to it, our appliances may work less efficiently and cause problems. In the worst-case scenario, they may stop working at all and you will have to replace them.
Tips to Keep Your Home Appliances Running
Every time you open your refrigerator do odd smells blow out of it? Is “stainless” just another name for “soiled fingerprints and streaks” on your freezer and other appliances now? Does your cooking range look like you have been roasting coal instead of food? Has cheese been adhering to the base of your cooking oven since before you can remember?
If you can relate to these basic appliance maintenance problems, you might take help from these appliance hacks to keep them running like new.
Refrigerator or Freezer Cleaning
You open your refrigerator and find a wave of strange odd smell waft out of it. You will frown in disgust and doubt that something might have died in your fridge.
Here is a simple way of getting rid of that odd stench for good from your refrigerator.
- Pull the plug out and empty all the shelves of your refrigerator. From eggs’ shelf to the vegetable box, take everything out.
- You might want to check the expiry date of all the food items.
- Separate the good from the rotten. The food with the passed expiration dates should be tossed out.
- Make a solution by mixing a bit of vinegar and water and thoroughly clean your refrigerator.
- Consider using an appliance deodorizer to keep the odors from returning. Your refrigerator will feel fresher than before.
If the smell still persists, you may want to call a refrigerator repair service. For example, if you live in Albuquerque nm, you can search over the internet and call a good refrigerator or freezer repair service for the thorough service and repair.
Oven and Stove Cleaning
So, did you burn your burgers in the oven and now it is giving out a sight of the little burnt box? Did last night’s boiling milk bubble over and stuck like super glue to your stovetop burners? You may want to try these easy tips and tricks for cleaning burner grills to make your cooking range shine like a new one.
- Spray the stove/oven grills with an appliance cleaner. For the tougher gunk, try using ammonia.
- Wrap these grills in a plastic bag, seal the bag and let it sit for around 24 hours.
- Take the grills out and wash them with soap and water.
Voila! Spotlessly clean stove grills!
If you cannot remember the last time you cleaned around the appliances and now they are all rusty, the time is now, Mecanico. You sure do not want to use a rusty grill for your next barbecue.
Following is an easy cleaning hack for it:
- Start with scrubbing the rust from the grills with a brush.
- Now, detach the grills from the stove.
- Mix some hot water, 1 cup of dishwashing detergent, and ¼ cup of baking soda.
- Soak grill for 1 hour and scrub them till they are clean.
- Rinse with cool water only. Dry the grills and place them back in the oven or over the stove.
Cleaning Stainless Steel
Nowadays, most of the appliances are made up of stainless steel from dryers to refrigerators to even ovens! Regular touching and working on these cause them to get dirty.
So, if the door of your freezer has enough fingerprints to make it look grimy and the wiping these with a piece of wet cloth only makes the surface muddier, try this hack.
- Wipe down your appliance such as the refrigerator door with a wet cloth. Damp the cloth with vinegar if the stains are more stubborn. It is advised to go with the grain of the stainless steel.
- Now, carefully dry the appliance with another cotton cloth.
- Dip slightly a dry cotton cloth into an oil preferably olive oil. Wipe it along the direction of the grain to polish the stainless steel appliance.
- Let it rest. The stainless steel will shine like new.
Other Easy Appliance Cleaning Hacks
- Regular cleaning and maintenance of your home appliances keep the running for long. Use a damp piece of cloth to wipe the appliance clean.
- If the stains persist, use a mixture of dishwashing liquid and water to remove them.
- Club soda also comes handy when cleaning the appliances. Wipe the appliance off with soft microfiber cloth after using club soda.
- Deodorize your dishwasher by placing a bowl of white vinegar on the top-most shelf and running it for one whole cycle.
- Unclog your coffee machine by pouring a mixture of water and vinegar into the water container. Run the machine. Afterward, run the machine twice with clear water to remove the vinegar remains and odor.
- Baby oil or mineral oils act very well as polishing materials. You can polish the surface of your appliance after cleaning them on your own.
By following these cleaning hacks you can for sure guarantee that your home appliances will run for long like new. Where DIY hacks are good-to-go at times, you should consider investing in professional appliance maintenance and repair as they have well-trained staff and provide maximum customer satisfaction.