Sole Representative Visa

A Sole Representative Visa is an immigration route primarily designed for individuals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who are either planning to establish a wholly-owned subsidiary or register a UK branch for an overseas parent company. This route is equally appropriate for those individuals who have been posted on a long-term assignment to the UK by their employers as an overseas worker. 


To be eligible for this visa, the prospective sole rep:

  • Must be able to demonstrate extensively industry-related knowledge and experience. 
  • Must be recruited outside the UK whose principal place of business is not in the UK. The company must have no branch, subsidiary, or other representatives in the UK. 
  • Must hold a senior position (not own or control the majority of business) along with the full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the company. 
  • Must provide evidence to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK. 
  • Must not intend to take other employment in the UK except for the overseas company. 
  • Must meet the maintenance requirement. 

Sole Representative Visa Fees

A sole representative visa costs £610. An employee of a broadcasting organisation or news agency also needs to pay £610.  However, the prospective sole rep must pay the health surcharge as a part of the application. 

Documents Required for Sole Representative Visa  

The prospective sole rep must provide: 

  • A current passport. 
  • Evidence that demonstrates his or her financial ability to maintain during the stay in the UK.  
  • Details of accommodation during the stay in the UK. 
  • Evidence demonstrating his or her knowledge of English either passing an approved English Language Test with CEFR level A1 in speaking and listening or having an academic qualification recognized by the UK NARIC. 
  • A detailed description of the business activities which must include details of accounts and assets. 
  • A letter confirming the overseas business planning to set up a wholly-owned subsidiary or register a branch in the UK with the same business activity overseas. 
  • Evidence certifying that he or she holds a senior position in the business with the authority to make operational decisions on the company’s behalf. 
Checkout & Read also:  Things to Know After Being Involved in a Car Accident


The individual must apply online for a Sole Representative Visa outside the UK. He or she needs to have fingerprints and photographs, also known as biometric information, taken at a visa application center. 

To learn more about Sole Representative Visa, visit AYJ Solicitors

You may also like