The features of Instagram when combined with social media may provide desired results and will help you to increase level of engagement and interaction among your followers only if you use it precisely. You must have a proper plan and post with a specific purpose and in relevance to the topic or subject.
Several heads of social media use strategic methods to use Instagram to build a community for different companies. Crowd sourcing will instantly build a community of millionsof social media followers because the statistics around Instagram will provide that certainty. Instagram today is a highly valuable marketing tool and this fact is substantiated by the following statistics:
- It has over 800 million monthly users
- 300 million of the followers for Instagram are most active and view the Instagram Stories every day
- More than 1/3 of the most viewed Instagram Stories are of different businesses and brands
- More than 60% of these followers say that they have discovered new products on Instagram and
- Nearly 200 million Instagram followers visit at least one business profile on a daily basis.
With all these impressive facts it is all the more necessary that the thing you post on Instagram has a purpose, meaning and relevance with the context.
Table of Contents
Need and intention of posting
When you post with purpose it will be easy for you to highlightyour need and intention through every social media post. This will in turn support your business strategy, your brand and also help you by a great extent to promote your personality. All in all, it will help you to establishyour own community among millions of social media followers.
However, you will need to keep innovating with and use all the useful features of Instagram. It is important that you always push the boundaries on how you can engage with your audience more and more. For this you will first need to know what works best for your brand and best.
Since Instagram is constantly innovating so should you. There is no point or wisdom just sticking with what has worked best for you in the past. With each day passing, new tools and features are introduced and every new tool has the potential to communicate with your audience in a new way.
You will need to set up new benchmark and for that you will have to analyze on a regular basis, tweak and repeatKPIs for each Instagram post. This will help you to know the things that are under performing or overperforming.
To ensure better analysis you can use three types of metrics:
- Traffic which determines the number of visits to your website
- Engagement level which is determined by the number of likes received by your post, comments as well as direct messages
- Revenue which is the earnings when you convert your followers to prospective buyers.
These metrics will help you to know all that works best for your brand and the need of your followers and act accordingly to better the level of engagement, communication and the end result.
Posting for success
Once you know your purpose you should know how to optimize your posts to achieve optimal success. Experts suggest a few ways to do this such as:
- Spreading out your commerce posts
- Sandwichingthese commerce posts inbetween the posts that are over performing
- Using creative ways that will resonate with your audience
- Showing how the products can be useful for the users in their everyday life
- Using small yet relevant video to add more value to your brand and post
- Experimenting with better and more effective Calls to Action or CTAs
- Applying organic learning to paid posts and vice versa
- Asking your audience for regular feedback and
- Leading with great content.
All these will ensure that you post with purpose and for success and in turn commerce will follow for sure.
You must stay abreast with the latest trends, learn and analyze the insights and follow the best practices that are followed by the brightest minds and most successful brands. The best way to achieve success in media and technology is to be knowledgeable about the latest trends. This you can easily do by signing up for SMW or Social Media Week Insider and follow their live conferences ondemand.
Increase follower interaction
Social media today has become the primary marketing platform used by most of the businesses online. You can use this platform to advertise your product, interact with your customers and clientsin a more personal manner and to reach out to a larger audience more efficiently and stay ahead of your competitors.
This may sound very easy but putting up social media accounts to create a more effective engagement between your business and the online community is not a child’s play. If you do not do it correctly, you will eventually see that very few people are responding to your online posts. To eliminate such possibilities there are a few things that you need to do which will surely attract more followers and also help you to establish a better and more successful interaction with your followers.
- Make sure to take the first move to start the conversation. Start with telling the story behind your brand to gain the trust of your customers with a personal touch. Also respond to any comment made immediately.
- Make sure that your brand is visually stimulating. This will add more effectiveness to your conversation and find it easy to interact with your followers and also make a better online presence as well.
- Make sure that you are visible on different online platforms. This will ensure that your brand reaches out to aneclectic range of audience within the online community.
Also make sure that you use proper and relevant hashtags, CTAs, captions, question and answer session, and activate appropriate emotional responses from the followers. Lastly, you can make your audience to join in contests to boostyour social media interaction. Remember, today being active online is not a preference but more of a requirement.