Skin is the most delicate sense organ which needs the perfect safeguard against harsh UV (Ultra Violet) rays of the sun. Who does not like to have a sea bath or have a tan out at the beach? But do you know it can be killing for your skin provided you do not have the right safeguard?
Pollution in the air is another factor that has damaging effects on skin. It can rob away the essential oils of skin and leave it dehydrated. Accumulation of sweat, dirt and grime blocks the skin pores which leads to nasty bacterial formation. Skin breaks out in acne and pimples when pores are clogged.
Sun damage and air pollutants have a link. CFC (Chlorofluoro carbon) and other harmful air polluting gases rise up the stratospheric level and form holes in the ozone layer. Depleted ozone layer lets in harmful ultraviolet rays through the holes.
Men are a lot to blame in creating skin health hazards. Discussion of the same is out of context here. The focus should be now to hunt out chemical-free, natural skin products.
Protection is a Necessity
Protection has always been a better choice than prevention. UV rays can be damaging and cause solar elastosis (photoaging), skin disease and cancer. It can also lead to leathery skin and leave behind acitinic keratosis (scaly spot) and leave liver spots (age spots) on the skin.
Air pollutants can lead aging of skin prematurely and can result in skin pigmentation. Acne and psoriasis are other hazards. Pollutants raise the chance of free radicals which can disrupt the production of collagen (aspect that acts as a natural barrier to the skin).
To ensure healthy skin make sure you follow a skin care routine. The perfect safeguard for harmful solar rays is to use a moisturizer with SPF formula. Use skincare products (with collagen as its ingredient) which will help you to strengthen your skin and curb the evil effects of air pollution.
What are the Natural Ways to Protect Skin from Sun & Pollution?
The market is flooded with cosmetic products with false promises of healthy and nourished skin. How to identify which product to opt for? The only answer – choose herbal, 100% natural skincare moisturizers and creams.
You might be perplexed which one to buy if you are shown across multiple SPF face & body moisturizers. You must take a report of how long does moisturizer last for individual product to make a purchase decision.
The best sunscreens (non-greasy) which you can use are:
- Biotiques’ Bio Morning Nectar Sunscreen Face
- Auli Lifestyle’s SHINE IN THE SUN sunscreen
- Omorfree’s SunShun Sunscreen
- Organic Harvest Sunscreen for Oily Skin
- The Nature Co.’s Red and Green Tea Sunscreen Lotion
- Greenberry Organic’s SPF 40+ Sunscreen Spray Lotion
- MamaEarth’s Ultra-Light Indian Sunscreen SPF 50PA++ with Carrot & Turmeric
- Cocomo’s Earth Shine Moisturizer and Sunscreen Lotion for Kids
- Just Herb’s No Sun Jojoba-Wheatgerm Moisturizing Sun Protection Gel
- Paul Pender’s Herbal Sun Prosperity
Use herbal sun blocks made of natural ingredients like jojoba, sandalwood, green tea, aloe vera, etc. to retain your original skin tone and complexion.
The best skin care products that can fight air pollution are:
- Neemli Natural’s Kokum & Tamarind Body Butter
- Pure 21 Hydrating Day & Night Brightening Face Cream – First Water Solutions
- Raw Nature’ Moisturizer Caramel & Cedarwood
- Paul Penders’ Hydrating Control Serum
- Biotique’s Bio Saffron Dew Moisturiser
- Vaunt Skincare’s Vitamin C Water
Ensure a silky feel for skin as you hydrate and protect your skin with the cosmetic products mentioned above.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with Beauty & Makeup Blog