Sciatic nerve pain is quite incapacitating and excruciating that you don’t even want to get off the couch. There are some of the common causes of sciatica can contain the ruptured disk, a narrowing of the spine canal (called spinal stenosis), and injury. There are various certified physical therapists available who say that sciatica pain can happen for a variety of reasons. As the most problematic body parts are the hips and lower back, people need to know the proper exercises to get pain relief.
1. Reclining pigeon pose
Pigeon pose is considered as one of the common yoga poses. You will be able to see ample versions of the stretch. The very first is the starting version known as a reclining pigeon pose. If you are just starting your treatment, you will have to try the reclining pose first. The sciatica treatment will be extremely effective for those who are suffering from the lower back pain.
2. Sitting pigeon pose
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out and straight in front of you.
- Then, you will have to bend your right leg, by simply putting your right ankle on top of the left knee.
- Then, you will have to lean forward and simply permit your upper body to reach toward your thigh.
- Hold for 15 to 30 seconds. This stretches the glutes and lower back.
- Repeat on the other side.
3. Forward pigeon pose
- First, you will have to kneel on the floor
- Then, pick up the right leg and then move this forward on the ground
- Shift the body weight gradually from arms to legs to support the weight
- Take a long breath.
- While exhaling, you will have to lean your upper body forward over your front leg. Support your weight with your arms as much as possible.
- Repeat on the other side. This is also effective for herniated disc treatment.
4. Knee to the opposite shoulder
- First you will have to lie on the back with your legs
- Then, bend your right leg and simply clasp the hands around your knee
- Then, you will have to pull the right leg across the body right towards the left shoulder
- Try to hold this for almost 30 seconds
- Push your knee so your leg returns to its starting position.
- Repeat for a total of 3 reps, and then switch legs. It is considered as the best sciatica treatment.
5. Sitting spinal stretch
- First, you will have to sit on the floor by extending your legs
- Then, you will have to bend the right knee and then place the foot flat on the floor
- Place your left elbow on the outside of your right knee to help you gently turn your body toward the right.
- Hold for 30 seconds and repeat three times, then switch sides.
If you are opting for the best treatment process herniated disc treatment or something else, you will have to ensure that you deal with the reliable and experienced medical experts.