Table of Contents
What is Fatty Liver?
Fatty liver which is also known as hepatic steatosis is actually the fat deposits in your liver. Usually, the liver does not have any fat deposits. But a little amount of fat deposits in your liver is not going to cause any harm. But you need to take proper precautions at this stage only so that the disease does not gets advanced.
Liver is the second largest organ in the body which is responsible for a number of vital functions in your body. Liver is known to process everything which we eat and drink and also other harmful substances from your body. Too much of fat deposit in your liver can be a major cause of worry.
How to reduce Fatty Liver
If you are in your initial stages of fatty liver that is grade 1 and grade 2, then significant lifestyle changes can help you.
Thus, keep looking at following healthy ways to reduce fatty liver –
- Losing Weight – Losing weight in a sustainable way is something which will help you a lot in fatty liver disease. Aim to lose at least half a kilogram every week.
- Avoid Alcohol – Alcohol is harmful for your liver in multiple ways. Thus, as soon as you are diagnosed with liver disease, cut down your alcohol intake.
- Diabetes –In case you are suffering from diabetes, take proper steps to curb it. Keeping your sugar in check will help to improve your fatty liver condition.
- Balanced Diet – Balanced diet is very important in case of fatty liver. Your diet must be rich in leafy vegetables, full grain, pulses.
- Physical Activity – This is very important. Keep looking to increase your physical activity so that your blood circulation increases and the liver functions will also improve considerably.
Exercises and Yoga for fatty liver
Yoga and exercises are one of the most sustainable form of healthy lifestyle. When you are struggling with grade 1 fatty liver, then lifestyle changes are very important. This will prevent any further damage to your liver. Exercises and yoga along with medical attention is very important to drive away the Grade 2 and Grade 3 fatty liver conditions.
- Kapalbhati Pranayama – This is a breathing technique which is known to boost your liver health. Continuous practice of this technique helps to regulate your liver functions and prevent a variety of liver problems.
- ArdhaMatsyendrasana – This yoga technique involves putting pressure on the liver so that the liver gets strengthened and in turn performs fully. This is very easy and can be done at any time of the day.
- Dhanurasana – This is also known as “Bow Pose” and it works wonders for people who suffer from fatty liver disease. This yoga pose stimulates, strengthens and stretches the liver so that the fat deposits in the liver gets utilized in the form of energy in your body.
- Aerobics – Aerobics is an all body exercise which improves your immune system. Aerobics increases the blood circulation in your body so that the liver function also improves and the fat deposits gets utilized in some or the other form.
- Interval Training – This is the best way to burn fat. This form of exercise improves your cardiovascular health and also liver functions effectively. This also has great fat burning capabilities.
- Core Exercises – Our Body as 29 core muscles and these core exercises are targeted towards those muscles only. These exercises provides foundation and strength to your body and helps to gain a proper balance.
Probiotics for Fatty Liver
Probiotics are the new superfoods in the market. They are known to be extremely healthy and important for your overall health and well being. Probiotics are very important to regulate your bowel while studies have pointed out that probiotics are equally important when you want to rescue your fatty liver.
Probiotics are very important to regulate your blood sugar level. They also improve the overall liver function by improving your digestion and thus reducing the fat deposits in your body. Probiotics further reduces your stress level so that the hypertension is gradually reduced and your liver is functioning in a super healthy manner.