Sometimes small changes in your life can make a huge difference to it. There are a number of activities that you can include in your daily routine to keep up with your physical and mental health. But out of the lot, my favorite is yoga. Yoga has manifold benefits aimed at acquiring physical, emotional and spiritual tranquility. So if you are thinking of making yoga a part of your daily routine, just follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Commitment- So, you have decided to make yoga a part of your life. But making a choice and implementing it in your life are two different things. Implementation can only be done by setting your priorities straight. Try to think about, why you chose to prioritize yoga in the first place. Being sincere about your choices and commitments is the only way to get through.
- Stick to realistic goals- Just like most things in life, yoga too needs your time, effort and dedication. It is only then you will get to see the results. In the beginning, you may find it difficult to make time for it, but slowly it will become a part of your daily routine and you will no longer have to find time for it. Also, there is no set time limit for it; if you think you can dedicate an hour to it, great. If you can spend only 15 minutes on it, it’s fine too. It is all about finding duration that suits your schedule.
- Have a motivation- There must be a reason or motivation behind the commencement of yoga for you and this reason is enough to make you come back, each time you think of giving up. Maybe you have a fitness goal in mind or you are looking forward to relieving anxiety or stress through yoga. Though it is really helpful to have a motivation, don’t let it dictate your practice entirely.
- Stay consistent- Consistency is the key to turn your yoga practice into a habit. When you do something every day, it slowly becomes a part of your daily routine and you start enjoying it. Try to figure out a routine that suits you and stick with it. Whether it is a 15 minute morning yoga session at your home or a weekend yoga classes in your town, just try to stay consistent.
- Don’t give up- A point may come when you no longer want to practice yoga or there might be days when you won’t feel motivated to practice at all. This is completely normal to happen a few times but don’t let your emotions control your actions or you may have to face failure.