Microsoft Outlook has a user-base of millions, all across the globe. It has become the first choice of every individual as well as business organ
Microsoft Outlook has a user-base of millions, all across the globe. It has become the first choice of every individual as well as business organization. The two major storage file format makes it unique email clients among others. PST file performs a major role in the smooth functioning of Outlook. The PST file format is used to save copies of calendar events, emails, messages, journals, and other data items.
Outlook PST file comes with the size limits that vary from versions. In earlier versions, the PST file can store up to 20GB of data, but in the latest and upgraded variants its increases to the 50 GB.
However, despite being one of the most favored file formats, PST is also having some drawbacks. For instance, one of the major inadequacies in Outlook is bound by size-limit.
As long as the PST file stays under to the storage limit, it works smoothly but the moment it touches the limit; it starts getting issues like corruption, slow performance and also invites the several error codes. Hence, Microsoft has resolved this issue in new versions like 2019, 2016 and 2013. But the issue arises when the users have a PST file from the old Outlook version and require a way to import all their data into larger PST files so that it can be used in the latest version.
Hence, to fix this situation, users need to go through the merge PST option. Here in this post, we will describe the manual method to merge PST files into one.
Advantages of Merging Multiple PST Files into Single One:
See the below bullet points to know the advantage of merging multiple PST files into one.
- Handling multiple Outlook data files can be a stressful task, and the chances of data are lost or damaged gets higher. Merging PST files can help to manage and prevents data.
- Multiple Outlook PST files distress the performance of Outlook. Consequently, it is the best way to merge PST into one for effortless Outlook performance.
Merge PST Files Manually:
There are two steps involves in merging multiple files, follow every single step to perform the merging task.
Create the new PST file
- First, open the Outlook application
- Tap on Home option, go to New Items, then More Items and finally click on Outlook Data File.
- Find the path to save the file, name it and click Ok.
Your new file is ready to use.
Import the Data into New PST File
- Open the Outlook, and tap on the File tab.
- Click on Open & Export > Import/Export.
- Choose the Import from another program or file option and hit the Next
- Select Outlook Data file (.pst) and click Next.
- Open the PST data file to import and click on the Next.
- Choose the folder you want to import to the new PST data file.
- Lastly, tap the Finish button.
Effortless and Effective Way to merge multiple files
The manual way of merging PST can be a tricky task especially for novice and non-technical users. Also, it needs to perform every single step with the utmost care, if it goes wrong can leads to data loss and file corruption issues. Moreover, it takes too much time.
In order to save the time and merge PST file effortlessly, use the third-party PST merge tool. Using such a tool can save valuable time and avoid the chances of corruption.
There are various tools available on the market, that claim to be the best PST Merge file tool, but the Shoviv PST Merge tool stands out the best among the rest.
Shoviv PST Merge Tool
PST merge tool from the Shoviv is the safe, secure, dependable, and robust option available on the web. This user-friendly application is a seamless way to merge multiple Outlook PST Files into a single PST file without interrupting its mechanism.
Merge PST file with Shoviv tool
- First, download and install the software in your device
- Run the program setup and open the tool
- Now add PST file, and click the Next button
- In the next step open the target folder. Choose the Merge and PST options.
- Tap on the Next.
- After a few moments, the PST file will be merged, now save the report tap on the Finish.
Using this tool can easily merge all the data such as Emails, Notes, To-Do, Calendars, Contacts, Tasks, and Journals without adjusting the original PST Files. Additionally, it lets you merge even particular folders. During the merging process, it automatically removes all the duplicate items and removes the deleted item.
Not only this, there is a demo version of the tool available to all new and existing users, using it allows processing first 50 items per folder. You can easily download it from the website and use it without any prior knowledge. Also, you can avail of the technical support for this product.