India is incredible. Whether you are living in India or outside India you must discover the beautiful places it has. When talking about the beautiful
India is incredible. Whether you are living in India or outside India you must discover the beautiful places it has. When talking about the beautiful places to explore in India, Manali is counted in the list of top places. When we hear the word Manali, we think of various adventures it offers to its visitors. Manali is all about tall deodar trees, remote panoramas, lakes, pastures, and much more. Surrounded by hills, Manali has been a favorite and one of the most visited tourist destinations in the world. When in Manali you should try to explore it in the right way. If you are also confused about where you should go in Manali then you need not worry. In this article, I will give you all details related to the places you need to visit in Manali. So! Let’s have a look at them:
- Hadimba Temple: Hadimba temple in Manali takes you to the ancient times of Mahabharata. Also known as Dhungri Temple this temple is dedicated to Devi Hadimba who was the wife of one of the Pandava princes Bhima. Hadimba Devi Temple is located between the tall deodar trees. This pagoda-style temple was believed to have the real footprints of the goddess Hadimba and the snow-clad Himalayas in its backdrop. If you are in Manali, this is surely one of the best places to visit in Manali.
- Solang Valley- The valley full of meadows, clear blue skies with amazing views Solang Valley is one of its kind. Tourists from different parts of the world visit this place. Surrounded by the Himalayas, Solang Valley is a live example of nature’s beauty. Every year thousands of tourists who visit Manali come to this beautiful valley to explore its natural beauty. When visiting during the summer season do not forget to try activities like- paragliding, zorbing, camping, rock climbing, and gondola ride. You can also try various snow activities like- snowboarding and skiing during the winter season as the area gets covered with snow. If you are lucky enough, you will get a chance to watch the state and national level ski competition which is organized once a year.
- Rohtang Pass- one of the most visited tourist places Rohtang Pass is situated in Pir Panjal Range having a serpentine mountain road. If you love to be around nature then this place is a must to visit. Not only many tourists but Rohtang Pass is the personal favorite of many photographers and artists. In case you are visiting this place in the summers then you will have easy access to the Spiti and Lahaul which sounds like a great deal. The pass is generally closed during winters because of heavy snowfall. If you are visiting this place then don’t forget to try skiing, paragliding, and trekking. However, a very limited number of people are allowed to visit this place due to restrictions imposed by the government to protect its natural beauty, and alpine ecosystem. When in Manali you definitely can’t afford to miss visiting this place.
- Old Manali- as the name itself suggests is a place from the past that once used to be a pilgrimage town with no clamor. Visiting Old Manali will take you closer to the real Manali with the local touch. The houses are of old designs with apple orchards all around. Not only this the town is surrounded by mountains covered with snow from the top which seems like a dream. Not only this, but while exploring Old Manali you will come across many temples, cafes with river views, trekking trails, and local markets selling hand-crafted products. There is something unique about this place as you get to live a peaceful day away from the city’s crowd. One should come and visit this place.
- Manali Gompa- This place is blissful for people who love to visit spiritual places. Built by Tibetan refugees in the year 1960, Manali Gompa has its other name Gadhan Thekchhokling Gompa. This Buddist temple will remind you of Buddhist ethics and is made up of a pagoda-style yellow roof with beautiful architecture. Manali Gompa is surely an escape from your daily tiring life. You can visit this place to lower your stress, explore nature’s beauty, and come a little closer to spirituality. Not only this, but you can also buy various handmade Tibetan crafts which will remind you about the days spent in this spiritual place.
- Hampta Pass- When in Manali you cannot miss visiting this place. Being one of the popular tourist destinations in India, Hampta Pass offers you a lot of crazy adventurous sports to all the adventure lovers out there. With the trekkers’ scale of about 14000 feet, this pass is located on the Pir Panjal Range. Traveling to the Hampta Pass you will find a river crossing on the way and a forest of pine and deodar trees. Reaching the pass will let you know nature closely as the view will leave you stunned. Offering an amazing view this place is surely a must to visit when in Manali.
- Manikaran- The reason for its popularity lies in the past. It has been said that it is the place where two gods live together. Located in the Parvati Valley, this place is a live example of religious diversity. Not only Hindus but this place is admired by Shikhs too because the very famous shrine of Sri Gurunanak Dev called Gurudwara Manikaran Sahib is located here. Just Travel 79.3 km from Manali and here you are. Going deep into the story behind this gurudwara is that- once upon a time Guru Nanak Dev Ji sent Bhai Mardana to collect food for the langar to feed his disciples. After various attempts to make food failed, Guru Ji himself created a hot spring with the help of a rock, and then the food was made. This hot spring which was created years later still exists in this place where the food is made with help of holy water. Surely you cannot miss visiting this place.
- Great Himalayan National Park- When in Manali, The Great Himalayan National Park is one of the best places to visit for all the nature lovers out there. The park is full of alpine grassland with pine and deodar dense forest. You can find several wild creatures hiding inside the forest. Home to many endangered species, this Great Himalayan National Park provides shelter to approx 1000 plants, 209 birds, and Mammals belonging to 31 different species. Not only this, the Great Himalayan National Park is one of the favorite destinations of wildlife photographers in India. They just love to capture its beauty and the creatures it has. The snow leopard is something that makes this place worth your visit. There are some areas in the park where you can enjoy activities like camping and hiking.
- Jogini Waterfalls- Jogini waterfalls is another popular destination that you must visit when in Manali. The place is treated as sacred by the local community living there. With many small sacred places at the bottom of the falls, the beauty of water flowing down the fall is something worth watching. This heart-melting falls is pure, untouched by modernization, and beautiful and offers breathtakingly beautiful views. To reach here, you have to cover a path of 3km from Manali. You can enjoy a short trek through the wild orchards, and pine woods. This is surely one of the best things to do when in Manali.
- Bhrigu Lake- located at the base of Bhrigu peak, this lake is a Himalayas gift to all people living in India. Considered best for trekking this lake is surrounded by snow-covered mountains from all sides which appear as mountains protecting this lake from being damaged by the visitors visiting there. Talking about history, this place is considered the meditating place of Maharishi Bhrigu who is counted among the seven best sages of Indian history. This is the reason why it is considered to be sacred and is being protected. One of the amazing things about this lake is that it freezes even in low temperatures of sub-zero degrees. It is believed that even the gods and goddesses come to this lake to take a dip. No doubt this place is worth visiting for its beauty and its mysterious past!.
Manali no doubt is a famous tourist destination for all the people not only in India and for the people living in foreign to. This place is full of adventures and you can find a lot of activities to do. Apart from trekking, you can enjoy making a snowman, you can pay a visit to the old Manali to spend a peaceful day with your friends and family. You can also go to visit the sacred places to experience the mysterious past it holds. If not this, you can still watch nature’s beauty and enjoy your Maggi. The above-mentioned places are worth visiting when you are in Manali because not visiting these places will not be a real justice to your Manali holiday trip.