A UK Ancestry Visa permits citizens of the commonwealth who belong to the nearest family of the UK citizens who have a license to live and work in the
A UK Ancestry Visa permits citizens of the commonwealth who belong to the nearest family of the UK citizens who have a license to live and work in the UK. Citizens from different countries like New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, India, and Canada share very close hereditary ties with Britain. Many citizens don’t take privilege from their ancestors, after all, they are sitting on British citizenship.
The path of a UK Ancestry Visa takes place with a challenging application procedure, and in the very first effort, many candidates are rejected. Some of the Lawyers have considerable experience with UK Ancestry Visas and have the understanding and experience to help with the application procedure.
Eligibility requirements for UK Ancestry Visa
To successfully apply for a UK Ancestry Visa, one should fulfill some of the important requirements that are –
- Should be a citizen of the commonwealth
- Should have the age of 17 years and above
- Should have grandparents who must be born in the UK, or the Channel Islands, or in the republic of Irelands before 31st March 1922.
- Should have been willing to work and live in the UK.
- Without having to depend on public funds, you will have to support yourself and any family related to you.
Application procedure for UK Ancestry Visa
For the application procedure for the UK Ancestry Visa you need to follow the following steps:-
- For applying for the UK Ancestry Visa you need to apply online except for the North Korean citizens.
- After applying online, you will be provided with an appointment date and on that particular date, you will be called to the visa application center to give your biometric information i.e. fingerprints and photographs which is a part of your application procedure.
- In the visa application center, there will be a group of people who will help you in performing every step.
Documents required to provide during application for UK Ancestry Visa
For entry into the UK via UK Ancestry Visa, you will be required to give the following documents. Sometimes, candidates face many problems when they apply for a UK ancestry visa, but some immigration groups can help these candidates to resolve their problems.
The list of the documents needed is as follows:-
- A passport or some other different travel document that is valid
- If you have any evidence which states that you have sufficient money to support yourself and your family members.
- If applicable, provide your test for tuberculosis test
- Proof which claims that you have a relationship with any British national ancestry.
- Proof which states that you are preparing to work in the United Kingdom, for example, any offer letter regarding your job or a business if you are trying to do it on your own.
Advantages of a UK ancestry visa
Here are some of the main advantages of using a UK Ancestry Visa.
- Without any restrictions, you can work and live in the UK.
- Work permits and sponsors are not required over there.
- You don’t have to invest any kind of money in the UK in contrast with the entrepreneur and investor category route.
- Everyone can benefit by connecting with you in the UK like your spouse, civil or unmarried partner, and your children.
- During your stay in the UK, there are no restrictions on the type of employment undertaken.
Time is taken for UK Ancestry Visa
A minimum time of 3 months is required for getting your visa before you decide to travel. When you are applying from outside the UK, you will have to wait for 3 weeks after applying to get a decision on it. COVID may impact the processing time of applications.
The cost required for UK Ancestry Visa
You will be charged £531 for applying for the UK Ancestry Visa. You will also have to pay immigration health care charges as a part of your application procedure which will allow candidates to use the national health services of the UK when they start living there.
Days you can live in the UK
On a UK Ancestry Visa, you can stay up to 5 years in the UK. After 5 years, you will have to apply for an extension of your stay in the UK for another 5 years or you can also apply for a permanent settlement in the UK.
Renewal of ancestry visa of UK
A UK Ancestry Visa is valid for a period of 5 years. You can also extend it for another 5 years according to eligibility requirements. You can also apply for permanent settlement in the UK.
Can your family live with you in the UK?
In the ancestry visa of the UK, you are allowed to take your family members to the UK and your family members include an unmarried partner, spouse, civil partner, and dependent children. They will also be permitted for an equal number of days as the applicant lives and can also do the job of their interest. You will be provided with the proper accommodation to live in the UK with your family. Unmarried partners are also allowed to live with the candidate under some circumstances like previous marriage, or living together for more than two years in a relationship.
As the partner of a candidate for an ancestry visa, they need to apply online for entry clearance from outside the UK. But it is best to submit any documents at the same time for you and your partner so that you both can travel together.
Your partner will also have to give biometric information i.e. scan of their fingerprints and digital photographs of their face for verification.
The eligibility requirements for a UK Ancestry Visa is that the candidate should be a commonwealth citizen and belong to the age group of 17 years and above. One Should need to apply online for the complete process of application for ancestry visa. The various documents are required for the application i.e. a valid travel passport, results of tuberculosis tests, evidence of relationship with British nationals, etc. The benefits of a UK Ancestry Visa are many, like without any restrictions you can live and work there, you can take your family members. After every five years visa is renewed for next five years or you can apply for permanent settlement overthere. You will have to pay total rupees of
£531for overall procedure of application which also includes your healthcare surcharges.