Although it may seem like that demolition is an easy task, but there are many challenges that a person can face during the demolition process. It is n
Although it may seem like that demolition is an easy task, but there are many challenges that a person can face during the demolition process. It is not at all an easy task and is rather complicated. If you are planning to get it done, then your first priority should be to hire a good contractor who can fulfill all your requirements and is an expert in the field of demolition.
Things That A Demolition Company Should Pay Extra Care To
There are various challenges that a contractor face during the demolition process and such things can cause hindrance in the process. Some of those things that the contractor must be extra careful of are:
- Asbestos fibres can cause health hazard. Although its usage is now banned but many buildings which were constructed prior to the 1980s has asbestos fibers in them. The area containing asbestos fibers needs to be sealed properly so that it doesn’t spread in the air and removal should be strictly done based on the guidelines and following the removal procedures and standards.
- Hazardous chemicals maybe present in underground pipes or tanks though it is not a major concern in residential area. But if your building is situated near any manufacturing plant or the property was used for such purpose before then the contractor must be cautious about handling them.
- In residential area you have to be considerate of buildings and houses nearby. The contractor has to plan demolition in such a manner that it doesn’t disturb the nearby area.
- Demolition work causes vibrations and noise, which could disturb the neighbours. The arrangements should be done in such a manner that it could be minimized.
By keeping these things in mind one can carry out demolition work with ease and with as little problems as possible.
Tips For Choosing A Good Demolition Contractor
To choose a demolition contractor you can follow these steps:
- Make a list of contractors who specializes in the kind of work you want to get done. Call them up and try to understand whether they are perfect and well equipped for the kind of work you are looking for.
- Before hiring a contractor do clarify your doubts about waste management and who would be responsible for taking care of it. You should also enquire if they will charge you extra for it or is it covered in the package. Also, you should ask them whether they recycle waste or not.
- Talk to your family, friends, and neighbours who have recently gotten work done from a demolition contractor. You can take referrals from them and in this way, your stress of looking out for a good contractor can be reduced.
- Check if the company is insured or not. Do not hire a company which do not have an insurance.
- The company should be able to get permits and clearance for the work you are planning.
- Explain about the nature of the job in detail. If you are unsure of some details, you can share pictures beforehand to give them an idea as to what you are looking for.
- Try and be present while the work is going on, this way if there is any concern or changes you want, you can tell them immediately and rectify any mistakes.
- Look for reviews online and see whether they are professionals or not. If there is any negative review, you should check if they have taken any measures to rectify their mistake or not.
- Do get quotes from different contractors before finalizing on one.
We know it can be enticing to hire the one with least quote, but you should also consider the above-mentioned factors so that you don’t end up hiring some company which will cause you a number of problems all throughout the demolition process.
If you follow these tips while hiring a demolition contractor, you can rest assured that you will be able to get a good and trustworthy contractor for your work.