Last mile delivery solutions mean that transportation of goods from warehouse to buyer’s doorstep, so it is basically the final step when the custome
Last mile delivery solutions mean that transportation of goods from warehouse to buyer’s doorstep, so it is basically the final step when the customer receives the ordered item. Nowadays people mostly opt for e-commerce solutions to get their daily needs and if the process is speedy then you reach pinnacle of happiness as your shopping expectations are fulfilled. As these behemoths have developed their supply chain, they are successfully doing it in a cost-effective way. A study has found that earlier these faced challenges to deliver their goods and services but now they have solved these last mile problems.
Problems faced during last mile delivery
People have long been coveted to get last mile delivery solution and now the e-commerce companies have joined hands with third-party partners to deliver their goods even in the countryside. The problem occurs because of inefficient shipping processes and that happens because the delivery involves multiple numbers of stops and drop sizes are really low. In semi-urban and rural areas, the stops are far from each other and in urban areas, traffic congestions arise and eventually, the whole process gets delayed.
If few customers are ordering from these areas, then the cost of transporting goods becomes expensive. As customers demand free shipping, the supplier has to bear the burden of shipping cost. That’s why these companies are looking for more comprehensive technological solutions to solve these issues.
Improving logistics with technical solutions
These types of delivery solutions now have become popular in food delivery, hospitality and transportation and the operations are done in a cost-effective way:
- Crowd-sourcing: Consumers have become friendly with the term crowdsourcing local services. They can use location-based crowdsourcing which enables them to book a ride, order online goods and many more things with just one click in your mobile app.
- Transportation management system: Basically, the customer’s demand for free shipping is not expensive anymore. The e-commerce giants are planning to introduce self-driving vehicles, drones and delivery robots for enhancing the automation process to meet the rising demand.
- Local cargo companies: Last-mile delivery solutions have connected non-professional and local merchants and couriers with biggies, and they use local transportation for making a delivery at the right time. You can make an order online and companies will arrange those, and the items will be sent to the desired destinations on scheduled time with the help of local cargo companies.
- Tracking apps: Last mile delivery solutions have boosted the traceable facility as you can check track details and delivery proof. Smartphone apps enable this process more effective as GPS services are available in almost all devices. Postal service solutions are thriving because of its better time management.
- Warehouses: Another popular trend is to set up city warehouses for boosting same day or instant delivery. Even mobile warehouse concept is increasing day by day because e-commerce sites advertise those items that consumer will buy together, and they keep those items available in local warehouses.
The logistics of last mile delivery solutions is not an illusory perception and now has become the commonest method in the transportation industry. People associated with this industry are well aware of its vastness and importance. The growth of this thriving industry has happened only because it has coped up with last mile logistics and even it includes timely delivery and fulfillment of buyer’s wish. This has ultimately proved to be a cornerstone for earning more profits and has eased consumer’s woes as the last leg of the product reaches its destination without any delays.
Stay Connect with Get News 360