Of all the things that you can do to help reduce or eliminate back pain, one of the simplest is changing your mattress and pillows for the best sleepi
Of all the things that you can do to help reduce or eliminate back pain, one of the simplest is changing your mattress and pillows for the best sleeping positions. The position in which you sleep determines a lot about how your body feels throughout the day. Four positions are the most conducive to eliminating or minimizing back pain. The most helpful for back pain are the side position, the stomach position, sleeping on your back, and sleeping on your stomach.
When it comes to the best sleeping position, it is best to avoid sleeping on your back. This is because the weight of the head and neck can put unnecessary stress on your spine. Although it may be the most natural position, many couples sleeping in this position find that it is not the best for them. Because of this, it is best to sleep on your side, where gravity helps keep you in a balanced position, with your head slightly lifted.
Best Sleeping Positions
To get the best sleeping positions, it is important to ensure that both partners are awake and comfortable.
- To achieve a neutral position, ensure that both are laying on their side with their shoulders perpendicular to one another. It is then a good idea to sleep on a firm mattress, with a pillow that is slightly higher than the hips. Remember that there are many different sleeping positions, and you should find the one that works best for you, and not follow others. Also, because one person is prone to different sleeping positions, it is best to switch these positions around, so each person has a chance to sleep in their preferred positions.
- The second position that offers the best sleeping position is on your stomach. You will find that with this sleeping position, your hips are comfortably placed above your knees, and your spine is in a neutral position. This is favored by some people because it allows for easier leg circulation. However, people with back pain may not find this the best sleeping position, as it puts much strain on the lower back. If you suffer from back pain, or leg circulation issues, it is better to find a different position.
- Another type of position that can help to ensure that you have the best sleeping positions is lying on your side. With this sleeping position, you will find that your head is at an angle that allows it to rest on the pillow, and your spine in a neutral position. If you suffer from any back pain, leg circulation issues, or any other type of health issue that requires you to sleep in an uncomfortable position, it is best to lay on your side and not put any weight on the backs of your legs, which can prevent you from achieving a comfortable position. Because you are not positioned in a typical upright position, it is harder for your body to maintain a straight back, which can cause pain or injury.
Many more options are available to you when you are looking for the best sleep positions. One way to help you sleep better is to avoid using any pillows that are made from hard materials. There are many great pillows available that are made from memory foam, latex, cotton, and other materials. Among them, latex is the most preferable one. These pillows allow you to get the most support and the proper amount of support that you may need. The advantage of this pillow is that you get Latex in its natural form which is made from the sap of the rubber tree and is quite eco-friendly. Many people also choose to use water-filled pillows. These types of pillows generally stay in place, and you do not have to worry about them coming out of place during the night.
Type Of Mattress For Comfortable Sleep
When choosing a new mattress, it is important to know what types of mattresses will be best for you. Most people go with a traditional innerspring mattress when they are looking for a new mattress, but there are many other types of mattresses available including memory foam mattresses and latex mattresses. A combination of mattresses will also be a great choice for more comfort as they tend to give the user a combination of the two. There are several benefits to having a combination of mattresses such as reducing pressure points, better support, and additional comfort.
- Innerspring Mattress: One of the best-known types of mattress is the innerspring mattress. This type of mattress has coils that are connected which causes the springs to provide energy to keep the body in one position during sleep. The coils tend to get overheated and cause the coils to sag, resulting in less than perfect support and firmness of the mattress. Some innerspring mattresses offer support from both the springs and the coils and this will provide a firmer mattress with more support, but the price will be more than you may expect.
- Latex Mattresses: Latex mattresses are becoming more popular due to their natural advantages. They are less expensive and provide a softer feel for the consumer. Due to the natural properties of latex, these mattresses offer superior elasticity to the user and they are generally recommended for those who suffer from back pain. These mattresses offer excellent support and comfort. The latex in these mattresses also reduces pressure points, which helps to prevent lower back problems. Some natural latex mattresses are even hypoallergenic which helps to eliminate any problems with allergies.
- Memory Foam: Memory foam mattresses offer an extremely comfortable sleep experience, especially for those people who suffer from chronic back or neck pain. These mattresses provide excellent support and comfort and are preferred by most consumers. They are much less expensive than their other counterparts and are readily available at most bedding stores. Some people prefer the feel of memory foam when sleeping and if this is your preference then a memory foam mattress is likely to provide you with a good night’s sleep.
- Air Mattresses: Air mattresses work on the same principle as an airbed but one difference is that they are placed on top of a spring or water base. Air mattresses offer no innerspring support and use a special pump system to pump air through the mattress. The pump helps to distribute air pressure evenly throughout the mattress to provide a very comfortable sleeping surface. These types of mattresses offer the best support and comfort.
- Euro top Mattress: The mattress with euro top is one of the more unique ones. Euro top mattresses have been designed to give sleepers a soft yet durable bed. The Euro top mattress contains an extra layer of foam to add extra comfort, however, the application of that extra layer is different, creating quite a noticeable difference in appearance and feel.
This mattress is designed to conform to the shape of the body. They offer a more firm level of support and have been found to reduce pressure points and be very comfortable. These mattresses are great for those who are experiencing lower back pain or discomfort and for people who are not looking for the support of a traditional spring mattress.