Random fun facts about animals is an article written by Interesting facts about life in order to make you aware about some facts that you didn’t know about. Here we have enlisted some top random fun facts about animals that are amazing to read and share with others.
Random Fun Facts about animals for kids
These following fun facts can be used by you and kids for their school assignments and school assembly purposes also. We don’t have any problem for further use of these facts. So, feel free to use and share these fun facts about animals. This article is written purely for education purpose.
15 Random Fun Facts about Animals
Start reading these 15 random fun facts about animals from here:
- A blue whale’s tongue can weigh as much as an elephant.
- When dragonflies mate, their tails form a love heart.
- The firefly is not actually a fly, but a beetle.
- The oldest known animal in the world was ‘Ming’ the 405 year old clam, who was discovered in 2007.
- Crows living in some urban areas drop nuts into traffic to let the passing cars crush them, then they wait for the red lights to stop the traffic so they can grab and eat it.
- Some turtles can breathe through their butts.
- Female vampire bats have been known to adopt orphans, and are one of the few mammals known to risk their own lives to share food with less fortunate roost-mates.
- Certain frogs (like the Wood Frog) can be frozen, thawed, and survive!
- Dolphins have names for one another.
- There’s a breed of cat called Munchkin and they look like this.
- It’s possible to train your cat to use the toilet as a litter box and even flush afterwards.
- The world’s smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat in Thailand. It weighs less than a penny!
- The world’s largest amphibian is the giant salamander. It can grow up to 5 ft. in length!
- In Switzerland, it is illegal to own only one guinea pig, because they are prone to loneliness.
- Dolphins sometimes have fun by blowing bubbles and creating rings of air underwater, which they then swim through.