Hypertension is a condition of the body in which the blood pressure is chronically increased. It is considered to be present when a person’s systolic blood pressure is consistently 140 mm Hg or higher and their diastolic blood pressure is continuously 90 mm Hg or higher. The studies conducted have proved that the increased in the levels of systolic BP is correlated directly with the risk of developing cardiovascular events and stroke leading to mortality. The systolic blood pressure in old age becomes a stronger predictor of risk than diastolic blood pressure of other standard risk factors besides age. High blood pressure is dangerous as it makes the heart work harder to pump blood to the body and it contributes to hardening of the arteries or atherosclerosis. Ayurveda is an ancient science that provides us some natural remedies which stabilize blood pressure and helps in keeping the heart healthy. You can take hypertension ayurvedic medicine and get relief from this condition.
Hypertension may have been existed in the past too but may not be in the same form, incidence and severity was different in the kind of life style in those days. Change in social and economic conditions, dietary habits, life style and an increasing stress and strain in earning the livelihood have increased the presence of this disease. Hypertension is not directly mentioned in the Ayurveda classics, it symptoms can be found in the chapters of vata vyadhi, hridroga and prameha. Vyanbala vaishamya is a condition which can be correlated with hypertension which seems to be resulted from the vaishamya/vikriti of vyana vayu. There are two types of vaishamya(Disharmony/Disproportion) either vriddhi(Increase) or kshaya(Decrease). Hypertension is categorized under vriddhi type of vaishamya.
Types of Hypertension –
Primary or essential hypertension – The hypertension of unknown origin.
Secondary hypertension – Hypertension with an specifiable cause secondary to another disease like renal disease of tumor.
Isolated systolic hypertension – This is mainly found in old age due to reduced vascular compliance, systolic B.P.>160mm of Hg with Diastolic pressure < 90 mm of Hg.
Neurogenic hypertension – This is caused by strong stimulation of sympathetic nervous system like when a person becomes excited for any reason or state of anxiety.
Ayurvedic Remedies for hypertension –
Mentioned below is some of the safe ayurvedic treatment for hypertension:-
- To a cup of freshly squeezed peach juice, add a teaspoon of coriander and a pinch of cardamom. This solution can be taken two to three times in a day to deal with the problem of high blood pressure.
- Add cilantro, cumin and a pinch of turmeric in some moong dal soup as this helps in bringing down high blood pressure.
- Take a glass of hot water and add 5-10 drops of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of honey. This drink should be taken in an empty stomach early in the morning which helps in reducing cholesterol, maintain vasodilation and helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Cucumber raita is a good diuretic that helps in keeping blood pressure along with digestive health in check.
- Ayurveda suggests that people with hypertension should avoid salt, fatty and fried foods or hot-spicy food – as these are known to aggravate the condition.
A certified Ayurvedic expert should be consulted before following the remedies as these may sometime end up in dropping the blood pressure significantly.
Stay informed, Stay ahead and stay inspired with Get News 360