Running an online store is a massive project. Now that you have thought of an online store, the next best thing to do is figure out an Ecommerce platf
Running an online store is a massive project. Now that you have thought of an online store, the next best thing to do is figure out an Ecommerce platform that will help you set your online store.
The great dilemma arises, when there are so many Ecommerce development services, how to choose the best? Well, the worry will end after reading the following-
First Things First
This is going to be your homework. Jot down the essential elements of your online store.
- Is your stock size enormous? If yes, you will have to look in for platforms that do gives you the right price for the services that you intend to take from them.
- Are you selling E-products or physical products? Depending on your goods, the shipping cost, packing cost, storing charge, etc. are levied.
- What is your budget? You got to stick to your plan. There will be many Ecommerce platform development service providers each claiming to outperform from others, and asking for a whopping amount. Instead, a little study on the market will help you know if this is what you want. Many also ask for a percentage of the selling amount; should it suit you, you could take that benefit too. However, it is advised to look in for service providers that can settle in for monthly amounts.
- Are you in favour of third-party payment processors? If you are someone who is looking in for more than PayPal, you must look in for an eCommerce platform that offers so. The ecommerce platform should be a PCI compliant; meaning it should adhere to the Payment Card Industry rules and regulations.
- Check on the pricing. You must also make sure that the demographic should not bother with the pricing. The service centre must be able to handle marketing, payments, checkouts and shipping too. Many ecommerce platforms provide services as low as $9/month.
Features Of A Best Ecommerce Platform
Just got through the list and put a tick mark on the feature your ecommerce platform has been providing. If not, it’s time to change.
- The Ecommerce platform should be able to provide you with automatic tax calculations as per the shipping address. Does it have all the integrations and plugins hence to do all the email marketing, apps usage etc.?
- There is a centric interface to keep track of the stock. Assignment of store managers to control the inventory management on a daily basis.
- Is the ecommerce platform audited regularly with regards to the security system, its malware scanning, hardening etc.? It should be checked by renowned security.
- Look in for an SEO friendly platform that will aid in adding a blog to the website, using your domain name, the ability of the customers to leave reviews etc.
- The ecommerce platform should provide responsive design and mobile friendly too. Most of the customers prefer shopping through mobile devices. Hence it becomes imperative to provide a user-friendly website.
- Provide a theme that is according to your feelings. . You must be able to have control over its layout, editing the content, addition of products etc. This means, for petty things you don’t have to rely on service providers. They should make it easy for you to do so.
- 24 X 7 customer service for on the event of a breakdown of the server or software outages, the service provider should be able to fix it in a jiffy.
With ecommerce platforms like Shopify Development Services, online store owners can take a sigh of relief. It is your ecommerce platform at the end of the day that is going to make your business a seamless experience.