We have an invitation to a cocktail, a wedding or any ceremony, however, we have the problem of not knowing what to do or what to wear. The search for that perfect party dress can be stressful. To facilitate the task we can find a wide variety of Fancy Dresses online where currently it is classified in colors, trends, shapes, appearance of the body among other aspects. During the search for party dresses, we must consider some things in order to make sure we have the perfect garment.
Table of Contents
Party dresses: How to choose the best?
Among the aspects that we must consider to acquire the right dress, we must pay attention to the following aspects:
- Consider the type of occasion or event: in this aspect, we must consider the degree of formality is the meeting to which we will attend. If we go to a luxury dinner, we should choose a more conventional cut and avoid a dress at the knees. For more informal parties, fashion cuts that show a little more skin are perfectly acceptable, but always follow the line of good taste.
- Find the perfect color: you should think about the type of colors you like, but also in what colors accentuate your physical characteristics better. There are many online sites that give color recommendations based on skin tone, hair, and eye coloration. You can also ask your friends and family to recommend a perfect color for the choice of party dresses.
- Always consider the type of fabric: While a dress could be cheap and in a cut and color that you like, a piece of a low quality fabric is always remarkable. Spend the extra money to buy quality materials, in a festive dress will look better on our body for the discerning eye.
- Also, choose the fabric: that minimizes problem areas and accentuate the curves. Jersey and knitwear can cling to the body and make them look bigger than they are, depending on the style. These can also give the dress a more casual look and are not appropriate for formal event dresses.
- Do not worry about trends: the key to a good cocktail dress is to choose a style, cut and color that complements our body, characteristics and skin tone. While trends are important to consider, we must also consider our personal tastes and especially the type of body we have. Since in many opportunities, we see beautiful party dresses, but they do not make us look good.
- Online or physical store: it is important that we can consider where we are going to buy the dress, each one offers interesting advantages. Online stores have more possibilities, but we cannot try them, the physical stores allow us to touch the garment and try on the dress to see if it really fits properly.
Basically, these are some of the issues that we must consider.
How to decide the finest dress for your body type
Given that almost always when we women do not like how we see ourselves, it is because we are comparing ourselves with the image we have in our head of what is beautiful or the beauty canon of the moment, these recommendations that I give them about how to choose the best dress for your type of body, are aimed at making the figure look balanced-creating visually an “X” or silhouette of an hourglass-and so they can see and highlight their strengths and the beauty they all have.
The best dress for your body type: if you want to disguise the belly
If the characteristic that bothers them about their body is that they have a belly that attracts attention and they want to disguise it, it is best that they go for dresses that define them in a subtle way the middle zone; and bring attention to the upper or lower part of the body. Taking into account this first great recommendation, you can choose these dress styles that will help you achieve it:
- Cross dresses that gently wrap the waist and have a wide skirt. The “V” neckline that is formed when crossing the two ends of the dress will make the attention go to the area of the face, and the same will do the volume in the lower area.
- Dresses with drapes or folds in the belly area. Unlike a garment completely attached to the body, the drapes in this area will help disguise the belly.
- Dresses with V-neckline and flared skirt. These two characteristics are basic to distract the attention of that belly that wants to disguise, and that the figure looks more balanced and stylized.
On the other hand, it is best to avoid:
- Elastic fabrics and/or dresses attached to the body.
- Very thick fabrics that will add volume in that area.
- Dresses without form or very loose, since it is likely that rather make them look bigger.