Plantation shutters when compared with wooden shutters, the basic visible difference would be plantation shutters being wider. They have movable louvered blades and are used for purposes like decoration and also part on interiors. They possess the functionality of closing and opening the louvers. When closed custom made plantation shutters prevent heat from entering inside the room keeping the environment cool and also providing privacy for people staying inside their homes. In simple terms, plantation windows have wider louvers and are used as part of an interior window covering.
InShutters is a company that provides high-quality plantation shutters that not only looks good but also feel aesthetic after installation. InShutters is a reputed shutter company offering a wide range of products. They also cater to changing customer needs by providing custom made window shutters as per liking of end-users.
Considering few measures and tips before installing plantation shutters is very essential. They simply help in having a finished and professional appeal after the desired outcome. It is essential to know beforehand if installing these shutters requires help. If yes, then one would have to contact and ask help from professionals who would help fix these shutters in place.
Following are essential measures that need to be taken while installing plantation shutters;
- Before ordering or installing plantation shutters it is essential to take down the measurements of the window for better fitting
- Make sure the bolts and screwing are detachable if in case one needs to remove them. And they are user-friendly so as to attach them back.
- Marking the shutter and screw positions before installing the shutters will make the installation work much easier. It will act as a guide to place and screw down the shutter at the convenient markings.
- Drilling pilot holes are essential before installing plantation shutters. For those fixing these shutters with professional help, will find it easier and convenient for those setting up these shutters themselves.
- Making sure after installing the shutters that the screws are tightened, this would avoid cracking down of the shutters and preventing any mis-happenings.
- Cleaning the shutters before installation is advisable. Wiping the shutters with a damp cloth before the installation process will just make things hygienic.
- Measure the depth of your window frame. You’ll need this measurement to ensure your window recess meets the minimum depth requirement for an inside mount. Refer to the Mounting Requirements section for the window treatment you’ve chosen to ensure your window meets the requirement for an inside mount.
Following the above-mentioned steps will make installing the plantation shutters easier. They will also help in avoiding any mishaps during the process. Considering these tips will help acquire and gain the desired outcome. Moreover being cautious and reading through instructions before handling tools and equipment’s is also essential. If one doesn’t feel confident handling tools, one can seek for professional help. Hoping the above tips will help you take prior precautionary steps before installing plantation shutters.