Have you ever experienced dry hands after doing the dishes or sneezing while cleaning your bathroom? This is probably due to the reaction of your body
Have you ever experienced dry hands after doing the dishes or sneezing while cleaning your bathroom? This is probably due to the reaction of your body to the chemicals contained in cleaning agents – but it doesn’t always have to be this way. The easiest solution to resolve the problem is to replace your cleaning detergents with all-natural products which are safe for you and your family, including children and pets. What are the benefits of using eco-friendly products? Why are eco-friendly cleaning products better, and what should you take into consideration when buying them?
Why should I choose eco-friendly cleaning products?
The main reason for choosing natural cleaning detergents is that they are neutral for our health. Compared to conventional cleaning products, they are free from chemicals and other additives that can potentially threaten your well-being. Although the majority of symptoms triggered by chemicals are only temporary, e.g. dry hands, red skin, sneezing, coughing, frequent exposure to harmful cleaning agents can lead to more serious conditions. Allergies and asthma are among the most common. Did you know that some substances used in cleaning products are also known to be carcinogenic!?
Why are eco-friendly cleaning products better?
The biggest difference between convenient and natural cleaning products is that the latter contain only eco-friendly substances derived from plants and minerals. They are free from phthalates, ammonia, triclosan, sulphates and other types of chemicals which can affect your health. If you go for this type of cleaning products, you no longer have to have different detergents for you, your children and pets, e.g. special laundry detergents for children. They all can be replaced with one product. What is more, you don’t have to worry about touching the cleaned surfaces. Even if your children play on the floor washed with natural floor detergent or touch the toilet, you can be sure that they are not exposed to noxious chemicals.
What are the benefits of using eco-friendly products?
The list of benefits offered by natural cleaning products is comprehensive. The most important ones include the following: :
- They are free from artificial substances. Natural cleaners are made without artificial preservatives, synthetic fragrances and colorants, phosphates, parabens, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, etc. They don’t contain carcinogenic ingredients and are much more gentle to your skin.
- They are hypoallergenic. Many eco-friendly cleaning products have been laboratory tested. Due to the fact that they contain only natural ingredients which are usually neutral to your health, many of them are hypoallergenic and can be used even by people with sensitive skin prone to dermatitis and other allergy-triggered health conditions.
- They are safe for children and pets. You can take care of the health of your family with all-natural cleaning products. With no synthetic additives, these products can replace special cleaning detergents made for the little ones.
- They are biodegradable. Natural substances also have another big advantage – they are not detrimental to the natural environment. Not only detergents alone are environmentally-friendly – many companies producing natural cleaners pack them in convenient packages and bottles made out of post-consumer resin.
- They are septic tank safe. The majority of natural cleaners can be used even if you have a septic tank. In general, septic tanks are able to handle only small amounts of om chemicals and the irresponsible use of detergents can lead to such problems as a clogged tank or groundwater pollution.
Now that you know what the benefits of using eco-friendly products are, let’s shift to some examples of detergents which are good for your health!
What natural cleaning products should I buy?
We hope that we have managed to convince you why eco-friendly cleaning products are better. If you feel like changing your daily housekeeping routine, try to find new cleaners that are 100% natural. Although at first glance this may seem to be an easy task, it is not that simple! Many cleaning products which are labelled natural and eco-friendly are not completely free from malignant chemicals but only contain a reduced number of them. Avoid such products and try to find those that are based solely on plant and mineral-derived ingredients.
Where can I find the best all-natural cleaners?
Thanks to the fact that today more and more aware consumers are looking for natural detergents, many companies have released their special lines of eco-friendly cleaning products. While some of them are worth attention, many others are not worth buying since they are not 100% safe. If you want to be sure that you are buying a reliable product, we recommend that you buy it online. This way you will be able to carefully analyze the list of ingredients and compare cleaners manufactured by different companies. If you still don’t know which cleaners to choose, we recommend the AspenClean eco-friendly cleaning detergents line. Click here to discover their entire collection of biodegradable and hypoallergenic cleaning agents.