Testosterone: what is it in men As you know, in the human body there are both female and male hormones. According to ancient Greek myths, the ancesto
Testosterone: what is it in men
As you know, in the human body there are both female and male hormones. According to ancient Greek myths, the ancestors of humans were androgynes – creatures that combined male and female traits. Puzzled by themselves, the androgynes began to argue with the gods, and they divided them into two parts. So two sexes appeared. To know more about the testosterone benefits in mens health you can follow Testosteronerd
Testosterone is the tool that separates the two sexes. Only on the 8th or 9th week of pregnancy in the fetus, due to the predominance of one or another hormone, sexual signs begin to form. If the male hormone prevails, a boy is born.
Thus, testosterone can be compared with the mythological Zeus, who divided people into two sexes. It is no accident that Zeus headed the Olympian gods. To this day, testosterone affects the desire of men to dominate.
In addition to the desire to dominate, testosterone has a direct effect on
mood and male self-confidence;
sobriety judgments and the availability of energy;
muscle hardness and bone strength;
heart work and a healthy erection.
Testosterone is produced in the testicles of men, female ovaries and adrenal glands. But in the female body, it is processed into the hormone estrogen, which is responsible for the formation of female features of appearance and behavior.
What is testosterone in men?
Testosterone levels are affected by:
Male sex hormones are produced by cholesterol. Therefore, healthy men are attracted to meat in all forms. It is proved that in male vegetarians, testosterone levels are reduced by an average of 10%.
The sun’s rays increase testosterone levels. It is not by chance that the image of a real macho as a tanned Southerner was developed in culture.
No wonder that it is the man who sings the song that the eternal peace will hardly please the heart, because a calm and sedentary lifestyle lowers the level of testosterone. Therefore, it is important for men to win, assert themselves and compete with anyone. It is proved that in conditions of tough competition and in the presence of real danger in men increases the level of testosterone. From here their aspiration to be pioneers, conquerors, champions.
Not just so brutal macho wear pants short or family pants. Tight underwear squeezes the testicles and reduces testosterone levels. Therefore, narrow swimming trunks and thongs in the male environment are not popular and are considered signs of sexual perversion.
The classic question of a desperate wife – “I or vodka?” – has a biological basis. Abuse of alcohol leads to a decrease in the level of testosterone in the body and a decrease in sexual desire.
Testosterone: why is it needed
Testosterone affects the appearance, psychological state and behaviour of a man. Due to the increase in testosterone levels in adolescence, not only youthful acne, but also male features appear:
- The hormone affects the formation of the reproductive system: the proper development of the prostate gland, testicles and penis.
- It also contributes to the formation of secondary sexual characteristics: the appearance of hair on the body and face, the appearance of a coarse and low voice tone.
- The production of protein, which is necessary for the formation of strong muscle tissue, depends on the level of testosterone.
- Thanks to testosterone, fat in the male body is distributed evenly, not stored in the abdomen.
In addition to male traits, testosterone affects the psychological state of a man:
- Excess hormone contributes to the formation of aggression and desire to dominate in all spheres of life.
- He gives courage to male actions, but also contributes to the fact that men are less inclined to empathy, do not talk about their feelings and do not put them on public display.
- A normal level of testosterone is a guarantee that a man will have a good mood and fully function the brain.
- Thanks to testosterone, blood circulation is improved, which ensures normal erection and increases the stability and speed of <a href=”https://fertilitysolutions.com.au/testosterone-supplements-and-its-effect-on-sperm-production”>Sperm Production</a>.
- He is also responsible for the arrival in the brain of signals about attraction to the opposite sex. Thus, it provides a man with not only an opportunity, but also a desire to get close to a woman.
The amount of testosterone in the male body decreases with time. At the same time there are changes in the appearance and behaviour of men. So when the body lacks testosterone:
- A man feels weakness in muscles, loses stamina and quickly gets tired.
- There is severe shortness of breath, sweating increases.
- Weight changes, and the body redistributes fatty deposits, increasing them in the abdomen and chest.
- On the body becomes less hair, and the skin fades.
- The erection worsens and, as a result, the sexual inclination decreases. At the same time there are sharp mood swings.
It should be noted that for the body can be detrimental and excess testosterone, which leads to:
- Unreasonable irritation and aggressive behavior.
- Problems with pressure and heart.
- Violation of the sexual system.
- The dangers of cancer.
Testosterone is an important hormone that is present in both the male and female body. It determines the appearance and behavior of a man. Its deficiency can lead to serious health problems. Therefore, you need to take care of maintaining testosterone at a sufficient level in the body.