Global Talent Visa vs Tier 2 (General) Visa: Best Immigration Lawyers in the UK can help you successfully get a Global Talent Visa as well as a Tier 2
Global Talent Visa vs Tier 2 (General) Visa: Best Immigration Lawyers in the UK can help you successfully get a Global Talent Visa as well as a Tier 2 (General) visa, without any confusion that you may put yourself to work on everything on your own.
What is the Global Talent Visa?
The Global Talent Visa has replaced the old Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Visa. The government wanted to simplify the post-Brexit immigration process with this new visa so that it can attract more talent.
In the first step, it involves endorsement, which takes between 2 weeks to 4 weeks. This stage is all about the ‘Endorsement Application’.
In the second step, if your endorsement application has been endorsed then you may apply for a visa. The Home Office will consider and make their ultimate decision, whether to provide you a visa or not.
To fulfil the eligibility criteria of the Global Talent visa, applicants have to get clearance from one of six endorsing bodies assigned by the Home Office. You have to earn permission from the British Academy, Royal Academy of Engineering, the Royal Society of the UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) for support in the fields of engineering, medicine, social sciences, humanities, science and other academic and research roles.
Best Immigration lawyers say that your application will be provided to Arts Council England or Tech Nation for permission in non-academic fields such as arts and technology, or digital culture. When the permission is given, the Home Office must take the final ruling on the application made by the applicant.
UKRI will study applications from academic or research disciplines. For the other three routes, the applicant has to check and submit their application to other suitable endorsing body based on their field of research.
The British Academy examines applications from the social sciences and humanities, the Royal Academy of Engineering treats engineering, and the Royal Society evaluate the medical sciences and natural.
Advantages of Global Talent Visa –
- Able to change roles and work in any organisations without permission from the Home Office,
- You would not be asked to give English language Test exam to demonstrate your knowledge of English.
- Enter self-employment set up a spin-out company
- Make extra earnings from other sources which may or may not relate to the field of research in which the applicant was endorsed.
What is a Tier 2 (General) Visa?
A person can come to the UK with a Tier 2 (General) visa only when they have a proper job offer provided by an appropriate sponsor licence holder. Tier 2 visa holders also get the opportunity to take their family with them. Succeeding, they can also try for indefinite leave to remain in the UK.
What are the documents required –
- A Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an organisation who has a real and valid Sponsor Licence.
- Passport and Travelling Documents are expected to conclude the immigration process. Also, you have to demonstrate at least one blank page in your passport.
- Tuberculosis Test Results (if needed)
- Knowledge of English language and confirmation that you can talk and listen in this language. You can support your claim by passing an English language test or having a relevant educational qualification approved by UK NARIC.
- Proof about your required personal savings so that you can finance yourself in the UK unless you get full monetary support from your A-rated Tier 2 sponsor licence holding company.
- A criminal record certificate (where you have lived more than 12 years)
- If the documents discussed above are not in English or Welsh, then you must submit a certified translation.
I hope you get all important information & get the major difference between Global Talent Visa vs Tier 2 (General) Visa.